We’re so glad you’re interested in worship at McDonough Presbyterian Church (MPC). Your family is important to us, and we look forward to your participation in the life of this congregation. Outlined below are opportunities for your child at MPC.
Sunday School classes are offered for 3-year-olds through 5th grade in our children’s ministry program. Sunday School is from 9:40 – 10:40 a.m. each Sunday morning. The Children’s Ministry program is utilizing the “We Believe” curriculum from the Presbyterian Church (USA). Engaging in biblical stories shared in a variety of ways, children learn through the stimulation of their imagination and class participation. Classes meet in the following classrooms in the Hunter Welch Children’s Wing.
- Preschool and PreK (3- and 4-year-olds): classroom #102
- Kindergarten and 1st grade: classroom #104
- 2nd and 3rd grade: classroom #106
- 4th and 5th grade: classroom #108
Acolyte & Cross Bearer’s Schedule
Please click on link to review the schedule and other details.
Children’s Chapel provides an opportunity each Sunday for children to rejuvenate and prepare for the upcoming week, just as the adults are doing in “Big Church”. Topics include stories from the Old and New Testaments, lessons on stewardship and missions, and ways that other cultures around the world celebrate God. All children ages 4 through 3rd grade are welcome at Children’s Chapel.
There is a separate curriculum for the 4- and 5-year-olds who meet across from the Chapel. Children in grades 1 through 3 meet in the Chapel and follow a more structured worship format. The children are dismissed to Children’s Chapel immediately following “Faith Sharing with Young Disciples” during 11 a.m. service.
Volunteers help make this program successful. There are 5 regular leaders who attend every week, plus adult and youth volunteers who rotate on a weekly basis. Children’s Chapel provides worship at a child’s level. Each week there is a brief message followed by choices of games, crafts, group discussions, etc. Of course, each week always starts with great music! We sing, we pray, and we discover that learning about God’s Kingdom can be fun!
Children ages 4 – 5th grade enjoy singing, games, play acting, prayer, mission projects and fellowship in a relaxed, interactive atmosphere. This group meets in the Chapel from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Game night is the fourth Wednesday of the month where we play fun, interactive games that encourage teamwork and fellowship. Volunteers assist Sophe Pope each week.
- Children’s Choir – Children’s Choir is for 1st-5th graders. We practice on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the choir room off of Heritage Hall.
- Cherub Choir – Cherub Choir is for 4-year-olds through Kindergarten. We practice Sunday mornings during Sunday school (around 10:20 a.m.) in room 102 in the Children’s Education Center. They are also welcome to join the Children’s Choir on Wednesdays from 5:30-5:45 p.m. for extra practice in the choir room off of Heritage Hall. (Both choirs will sometimes perform together)
For more information regarding Children’s Choir please contact Julie Garcia
If you have any questions, please contact
Director of Children’s Ministry
Director of Children’s and Cherub Choir