Week of July 14, 2014
Summer Sermon Series: This Sunday is Christmas in July (both services). Our Summer Sermon Series on the Seven Deadly Sins will continue on Sunday, July 27th.
Go-Go’s: They will meet on July 24 to Bulloch Hall (childhood home of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother.) We will be leaving the church at 9:15 pm and return around 3:30 pm. The cost of admission is $7 and $5 bus fee. We will have lunch in the area. Please email Pat Robinson or the church office if you plan to attend.
Supper Club: Do you want to get to know more people in the church? Do you want to get more involved in the Church but don’t know where to begin? Supper Club is a good place to start! Supper Clubs are small causal adult dinner groups. All adults are welcome whether they are single or couples. The groups meet for dinner and fellowship once a month in someone’s home or a restaurant. June is our month to re-organize so if you are interested please sign- up at the church office, return the bulletin insert or contact Penni Laverty.
2015 Scottish Heritage Tour: The initial itinerary for the 2015 Scotland tour is available om the Narthex on the information table.Looking Ahead…
- Gym Floor was refinished last week. It will not be available for use until the end of the month.
- Shingleroof Camp Meeting:This year will be held July 18-24, 2014 at Shingleroof Camp Meeting. Tuesday, July 22, will be 7:45 p.m. evening service including “Roll Call” with special music McDonough Presbyterian Church choir under the direction of Jason Montague. After Evening Service in that Tabernacle– The Great Talent Show for all ages.
- Christmas in July, Sunday July 20th
- Wonderful Wednesdays resumes on Wednesday, August 20. Meal at 5:30 then Stop Hunger Now program. We hope to pack 12,000 meals to be shipped to various locations around world.
- First Annual Heritage Sunday on Sunday, August 10th. We will celebrate the birthday of our church. Several former ministers will be with us that day.